Pages

Thursday 23 September 2010

My Top Five Books

Well, this is going to be verrry hard to do, as I love so many books, but I'll give it a shot!
Well, here go's, a 12 year olds top five books!





The Stravaganza books are a firm childhood favourite of mine, with their swift, different plots they keep you gripped from the very begging, all the way to the end.


They are so good, that they even manage to keep eight year old me transfixed!


When I was eight, I picked City of Stars because it had a horse on the front of it. Later that night I could be found hunched under my covers, reading by tourchlight.


*Note* they're not kids books, [they're YA] but I just read them when I was a little kiddiwink, which I suppose I still kinda am...




Honestly one of my favourite books EVER, North Child is the stunning, brave tale of Rose Eva, Trolls and polar bears. Add in belts, capes, and magical dresses that shimmer like moonlight, and you have the perfect novel which is North Child.


I read this book a few years ago in the summer holidays [I love reading about snow in the summer, and vice versa!] and I was gripped.

Its quite a thick book, and all the glue melted in the French heat, but I still kept reading until the stunning end.


Honestly, its a must read book- and I bet you'd love it! ;-)




I read this book in... you guessed it- Australia this summer hols. A stunning novel of amazing quality, hilarious, tender, sweet and true, it deserves its 'classic' status.


The ending is tragic, and it made me cry and cry, which is the mark of any good novel. If you have kids, or if you are a kid, then I highly recommend this book- and if your an adult, I recommend it to!



Another childrens book, but yet another classic, well loved tale. It has been one of my favourite books since I was five, and still holds that staus today. Really, read it. Its well worth it!





I ordered this book the other day, and it arrived yesterday, I haven't finshed it yet, but...

....

.......

OMG. Its so scary, exhilarating, freaky, creepy, a modern masterpiece of bittersweet, life, and death.

I'm watching the movie tomorrow at a friends house, and I plan on finishing this scary, amazing book before then.




Well, thats my top five- whats yours?


I'd love to hear from you! [s!]


love from

Katharine xxxxxxx
















No comments:

Post a Comment